Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Better-Than-A-Manwich" Sandwich



My husband LOVES sloppy joes! Unfortunately, I hate canned mix especially when I have to pay $1.00+ per can so I didn't used to make them a whole lot. But after a year or so of fiddling with recipe I think I have done it- the PERFECT sloppy joe! Its sweet and spicy and makes you wanna lick your plate!

You will need:

-1 lb 80/20 ground chuck
-1/3 cup chopped yellow onion (I use Walla Walla sweets. Shout out to the good ol' Columbia Basin.)
-1 roma tomato small chop
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp taco seasoning
-3 TBS ketchup
-3 TBS your favorite BBQ sauce
-a drizzle of Tapatio hot sauce (Tobasco has a different flavor so I'm not sure how it will work)
-a drizzle of Kikoman teriyaki
-buns or bread for serving

Brown beef with the chopped onions, tomatoes and the drizzle of teriyaki on medium high heat. Drain off grease. Add dry seasonings and stir for about a minute. Add sauces, stir and remove from heat. Wait about 3 or 4 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Serve on your favorite bun or between two slices of bread. Its quick, cheap and AWESOME!

Yield: 4 sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment