Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"I only have one banana" Banana Bread


For literally YEARS now I have been trying to find a banana bread recipe that only requires ONE banana. (We eat them way too fast and so there's usually only one left over for bread.) Needless to say every recipe I tried either turned out too cakey, dry or just not "banana-y" enough so I took it upon myself to come up with my own recipe. I'm a little leery about sharing this because it would make a GREAT secret recipe, but its seriously too good not to share!

You will need:

-1 over-ripe banana
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/3 cup melted butter (cooled slightly)
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs (beaten)
-1/2 cup applesauce
-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 cup all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease your loaf pan (glass works best). In a large bowl combine all ingredients and beat rapidly for about 2 mins until batter takes on a creamy, lump free texture. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean. Remove immediately from pan and place on a wire rack until cool.

Yield: 1 loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment